Finding village societies and community history websites
Links to specific village societies and community history groups in Bedfordshire have not been provided here. They are available on the following:
- Bedfordshire Local History Association (opens in a new window)
BLHA provides a forum for discussion and cooperation in the study of local history in the county. Membership is open to individuals or societies. There is an annual conference and exhibition, workshops and lectures, and a quarterly online newsletter. The website has links or contact information for many Bedfordshire village local history societies.
Other Bedfordshire societies
- Bedford Architectural, Archaeological & Local History Society (opens in a new window)
The Society merged with the Bedford Society in 1988.
- Bedfordshire Family History Society (opens in a new window)
BFHS offers help to members wishing to learn how to research family history or to find ancestors with local links. It holds meetings in Bedford and publishes a quarterly journal. A library of publications is available for consultation or loan to members.
- Bedfordshire Gardens Trust (opens in a new window)
A small voluntary group aims to record, protect and care for historic parks and gardens in the county. Activities include a programme of talks and visits to historic gardens.
- Bedfordshire Geology Group (opens in a new window)
Interests include building stone, working and disused quarries, ancient stone monuments.
- Historical Association Bedford Branch (opens in a new window)
Has a programme of monthly talks and occasional day schools.
This page was added on 31/05/2015.